How to Replace a Wand Tilt Mechanism on a 2″ Blind
Video ID: 401022
Wand tilt mechanisms are used in horizontal wood, faux wood, and Venetian blinds to rotate the slats of the blind open and closed. Replacing a broken tilt mechanism is an easy repair.
Step 1 – Remove the wand.
- Remove the blind from the window before beginning this project.
- If the wand is still attached to the tilt mechanism, remove it and set it aside.
- With the pliers, remove the end stiffeners from both ends of the headrail.
Step 2 – Remove the old tilt mechanism.
- Slide the tilt rod free from the tilt mechanism, but do not take it all the way out of the headrail.
- Remove the old tilt mechanism by slightly spreading the headrail, and then pulling it out of the headrail.
Step 3 – Install the new tilt mechanism.
- Install the new tilt mechanism, making sure that it is firmly seated in the headrail.
- Slide the tilt rod through the new tilt mechanism.
- Be sure to line-up the tilt rod shape with the hole in the tilt mechanism.
Step 4 – Reattach the end stiffeners and the wand.
- Replace the end stiffeners.
- Reattach the tilt wand.