Learn how to replace Lift Tape in an EasyRise Cellular Shade.
FixMyBlinds Youtube Channel
Things you will need for the repair (0:11):
• Replacement Lift Tape
• Replacement Lift Tape Stops
• A Restring Needle
• Flat-head Screwdriver
• Clear Tape
• Rubber Bands
1. (0:29) - Remove the shade from the window and fully compress it. Place a rubber band around each end of the shade to keep the shade compressed.
2. (0:37) - Remove buckles from the bottom rail. If lift tape is broken, remove any lift tape attached to the buckle from the shade. If not broken, remove lift tape from buckles.
3. (0:53) - Remove the shaft retainer from the drive shaft. You may need to use a flat-head screwdriver to pry it loose.
4. (1:01) - Remove the clutch by sliding it out of the headrail and pull out the drive shaft by sliding it out of the open end of the headrail. Remove the spool assemblies by gently twisting them inside of the headrail. Remove any lift tape.
5. (1:30) - Cut a piece of replacement lift tape for each spool assembly. The length of each piece should be the length of the shade plus twelve inches. Thread the tape through the pockets in the bottom rail, up through the fabric and headrail using the restring needle. Avoid twisting the tape.
6. (1:49) - Rotate the spool so that the slotted tab is at approximately the one o'clock position. Thread the tape through the bottom of the spool, through the slotted tab. Now push the end of the tape back through the slotted tab leaving a large loop. Push the end of the tape under the tape coming from the long slot. It is easy if you first raise the tape slightly with a flat-head screwdriver. Pull the loop around the pin. Pull on the tape where it comes out of the bottom of the spool assembly to make sure that it does not slip.
7. (2:20) - Install the spool assemblies back into the headrail. Pull the tape from the bottom rail so that all the spools are unwound and are left with the pin and tab in approximately the one o'clock position.
8. (2:34) - Insert the drive shaft through the spool assemblies. There is one groove on the drive shaft that is slightly deeper than the other two grooves. Make sure that the deeper groove in the drive shaft lines up with the largest notch on the inside of the spools. Install the clutch assembly onto the drive shaft and reattach the clutch to the headrail. Reattach the shaft retainer to the drive shaft on the clutch side of the spool assembly. Begin threading the tape through the buckles, leaving the extra tape hanging from the bottom.
9. (3:17) - With the rubber bands still on the shade, mount the shade in the window. While holding the bottom rail, cut the rubber bands and lower the shade slowly by hand to the bottom of the window. Again, it is important to make sure that the tape is NOT being twisted.
10. (3:36) - Adjust the location of the buckles on the lift tape if necessary to make the shade shorter or longer. Once the buckles are in the desired position, finish threading the tape in the buckles to lock it in place. Insert the buckles into the pockets making sure they are seated tightly. Trim the excess tape leaving approximately one inch of extra tape on the bottom of the shade. Using a piece of clear tape, tape down the lift tape on the bottom rail of the shade. Test the repair by raising and lowering the shade.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You may purchase these parts at fixmyblinds.com:
EasyRise Lift Tape Spools
EasyRise Lift Tape
Lift Tape Bottom Rail Stops (buttons)
1.2mm-X Restring Needles
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You will be able to find these parts at a local convenience store or online:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Copyright © Fix My Blinds Inc 2013 and Subsequent Years All rights reserved.